The 200 Club is simplicity in itself to join and every participant gets the chance to win in the monthly draw. Members must be over 16 years to join and pay by standing order (Cheques are accepted for annual payment – no cash will be collected).
All you need to do is decide how many numbers you would like, complete your details and hand the form in at Squadron & set up your standing order with your bank (or bring in a Cheque for annual payments). You will receive confirmation of your monthly numbers and the winning numbers will be posted on the squadron website www.whitbyaircadets.co.uk after each draw.
Although we are calling it the 200 Club, we will of course run with however many subscribers we can get – the more the merrier!
The rules are simple: The entry tickets are £1 each per month if paying by standing order (£12 per year). The Squadron will pay out 25% of each month’s subscriptions as prize money to the monthly winner. Obviously, the more of us that take part – the bigger the prize – our target is at least 200. The more members the bigger the prizes! When the number of members reaches 300, the prize fund will be split to provide a first and second prize – full details will be on the Squadron website when this happens. (Full rules below)
ANYONE CAN JOIN – FRIENDS, FAMILY AND WORK COLLEAGUES
Winning Numbers - 2019
To view previous years winning numbers, click here.
Date No. Name
Jan 19 19 J. Emerson
Feb 19 106 L & P. Brown
March 19 43 M. Jackson
April 19 159 O. Emerson
Please Note: As participants leave numbers are re-issued.
200 Club Rules
1. The name of the draw is the Whitby Air Cadets 200 Club (“The Lottery”) regardless of the number of shares.
2. The purpose of the Lottery is to raise funds for the sole benefit of Whitby Air Cadets (“the Squadron").
3. The Lottery will be administered by a Promoter appointed by the Directors of the Squadron.
4. 25% of the total monthly subscriptions will be paid out in the form of prizes. Prizes will be set on a pro rata basis of the actual numbers of participants at the time of each draw. The Lottery shall run continuously from January 2012 and the first draw shall be held on the last Thursday of each month.
5. The Lottery will be open to anybody aged 16 or over. A purchaser of a share becomes a participant in the Lottery. Participants are entitled to hold any number of shares.
6. The number of shares in the Lottery shall be unlimited and each share shall be allocated a unique number. Membership tickets will be issued. Participants may confirm the number of their allocated share(s) by contacting the Promoter.
7. The subscription for each share is £1 per month payable monthly in advance by standing order. Participants may also pay annually IN ADVANCE by Standing Order or cheque (make payable to Whitby Air Cadets).
8. There shall be a draw in each calendar month using an automatic random number generator or other such means as the Promoter deems appropriate. All participants are encouraged to attend the draws, which must be held in the presence of at least 2 Officials of the Squadron on the last Thursday of each month or such other time as the Promoter may decide.
9. Winners will be paid by cheque, which will be sent to the last known address held by the Promoter. It is the responsibility of the participant to advise the Promoter of any change of address. Any prize cheque not cashed within 6 months will be deemed a donation to the Squadron. A list of prize winning numbers will be published on the Squadron website, www.whitbyaircadets.co.uk.
10. The Promoter will not pay a prize to any participant other than the purchaser of a winning share.
11. No Lottery participant will be included in the draw if the subscription has not been received. It is the responsibility of each participant to make sure they have paid their subscription. The Promoter reserves the right to reallocate any number where payment has not been received.
12. Participants can cancel their entry in the Lottery at any time by giving one month’s written notice to the Promoter. Any decision by the Squadron to end the lottery will also be by one month’s notice to all participants.
13. Under no circumstances can subscriptions be refunded.
14. The Promoter will determine any dispute. An appeal may be made to the Directors of the Squadron whose decision shall be final.
15. The Lottery is intended to be a Small Society Lottery under the provisions of the Gambling Act 2005 Section 19
16. Whitby Air Cadets may amend or vary the rules of the lottery at any time. The rules of the Lottery will be available via the Squadron website. Changes will be notified to participants via the Squadron website. The Rules were adopted at a meeting of the Civilian Committee of Whitby Air Cadets on 13th October 2011. The Promoter of the Lottery with effect from 13th October 2011 is Mr G Middleton, Treasurer of Whitby Air Cadets.